Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 8

WaaHoo! After reading other player's posts about RSS I was looking forward to bouncing through Thing # 8 and learn about Really Simple Syndication. The video was just plain easy to understand...even for this Tigger. Then it came time to create my free account on Google Reader...seemed easy enough. Adding at least 5 blog sites...well, I think I did that correctly. My selections for sites were as follows: FUN-Quotes of the Day NEWS-BBC News/Newfront, chron.com Chronicle, click2Houston.com, Google News PSYCHOLOGY-"Cognitive Daily". I did not feel successful in locating Google Blog Search...guess I need some coaching ...along with making reader list public. I did selected to share some quotes that I enjoyed from my new found quote site and I went to the shared page to see what I had created and feelings galore ran through this Tigger's fur. I was most uncomfortable seeing my full name plastered at the top of the page stating that these were quotes I wanted to share with everybody...not just my playground buddies. Knowing that my thoughts were being carved into "cyber-foreverness" did not sit well with this Tigger. I know that the feelings of sharing my inner thoughts and personal feelings to all will be a personal struggle to work through...along with having my name out there also! TTFN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found that if I just put in one term - I used "book selling" into the Google Blogs it pulled up all sorts of random bits of interesting blogs. After you've had your reader for a bit you'll find Google will start recomending blogs that might interest you - the same way Amazon finds other books that interest you.